Monday 13 November 2006

The Boy

People often ask me what happened and I always answer in the same way.
I smile knowingly and tap my nose- but I will tell you.
You will understand.
I was small, so small my Mother was the universe,
She let me play outside- the sun was a golden colour, like cake.
The pond outside provided refreshment as I saw and sang and saw him.
He was playing with a boat- I recognised it,
It was my Grandaddy's, Mother kept it on a shelf
I shouted but he did not hear so I ran and we played.
His clothes were funny- I told him but he shrugged,
Taking my small grubby paw in his and offering me a flower.
I was pretty he said and it made me blush.
I looked for a place to put it and went to thank him but he had gone.
With the boat, that made me angry and I cried.
Mother asked me why and I stared at the boat,
I stopped crying. Mother never asked again but I knew who he was.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Vicci its me! lol - These poems are fantastic - you're very talented! I will speak to you soon.

Gemma xxx

Anonymous said...

Heylo! nice site vicci!
gongratz.... ur bro

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicci,

Amazing poems did not know you had it in you - you should be very proud of yourself.

Love Steph xxxx